If you were born before July 5, 1951, then you may qualify for the tax-free Winter Fuel Payment to help pay for your heating. You only need to claim once. After that you will automatically receive Winter Fuel Payment each year.

You usually do not need to claim Winter Fuel Payment . if you’re eligible you willl automatically receive Winter Fuel Payment each year..

For full details of eligibility, how much Winter Fuel Payment you will receive and how to claim are available from GOV.UK.

If you do need to claim you can get a claim form sent to you by calling the Winter Fuel Payment Helpline on 0191 218 7777 or alternatively, you can download the claim form at this link.

You should also call the Helpline if you move home or change your bank account details.

Cold Weather Payment

Also, in periods of sustained cold weather, where your local temperature is either recorded as, or forecast to be, an average of zero degrees Celsius or below over 7 consecutive days you may be entitled to a Cold Weather Paymen. Full details are available at the following links:

There are a number of additional government funded schemes across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, which provide help with heating. For more details, follow this link.

If you found this useful please share it

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart