Local environmental issues such as litter, dog fouling, neighbour noise and abandoned vehicles are very important to people in their everyday lives and should be reported to the approriate authority immediately that they arise.

Problems in your local environment include:

  • Abandoned cars 
  • Litter
  • Pest control
  • Roads and pavements
  • Traffic and parking
  • Waste Disposal
  • Noise & Anti Social Behaviour

A complete guide to environmental problems and how to deal with them is available from Shelter.org.uk.

A guide to improving your local environment can be downloaded from keepbritaintidy.org.

A guide "Noise-proofing for a healthy home environment", is available from comparethemarket.com.

Housing nd Council Services

A guide to Housing and Council services is available at GOV.UK.

To locate your local council follow this link.

Quick Reporting Links

Follow these quick links for reporting:

You can also  report the following issues:

  • Potholes
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Dog fouling
  • Flyposting
  • Graffiti
  • Flytipping
  • Litter
  • Broken
  • Unlit lamp posts
  • Street cleaning issues

by following this link to the FixmyStreet websiteentering the postcode where the problem is located and following the instructions. The Local Council will be informed by FixmyStreet of the problem and you will receive a confirmation with a reference number at the email address you provided.

You can report a pothole or defect in the road at GOV.UK.

Alternatively FillThatHole.org.uk is an easy way to report potholes and road defects for cyclists and pedestrians. They will contact the right people at the council to get the roads repaired quickly.

Claim for road damage to your car

If you car or motor bike is damaged by a pothhole or other problem with the road you can make a claim on your car insurance or from the council.

Find ou how to claim at the following links:

If you found this useful please share it

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart