Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) is for people who are disabled because of an accident at work, or who have certain diseases caused by their work and is paid by Department for Work and Pensions.

In order to qualify for Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) you must have been a paid employee at the time you had the accident or contracted the industrial disease. You must also be disabled because of the accident or disease.

The scheme covers more than 70 diseases, including diseases caused by working with asbestos, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema, deafness and prescribed disease A11 (previously known as vibration white finger). A more comprehensive list of the diseases covered and the types of jobs that are included can be found found here.

If you qualify for IIDB the amount you will be paid will depend on the extent of your disability and your age.

Full details including eligibility, how to claim and how much IIDB you will receive are available at GOV.UK.

You can apply for IIDB by calling your nearest Industrial Injuries Benefit Centre. The contact details for the Centres are set out at this link.

Alternatively you can download a form to print, complete and submit. There are different claim forms depending on whether your disability was caused by an accident or an industrial disease. These are availabe, with notes on their completion, at GOV.UK.

Benefit Cap

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit counts towards the Benefit Cap. Your Housing Benefit may go down to make sure that the total amount of benefit you get isn’t more than the cap level.

For details on the Benefit Cap follow this link.

If you found this useful please share it

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart