Income Support has been replaced by Universal Credit (UC) for most people. If you already receive Income Support and you are still eligible your Income Support payments will continue.

Income Support

You cannot make a new claim for Income Support but depending where you live and need help to cover your living costs, you can apply for Universal Credit instead.

Full details of Universal Credit, eligibility and how to claim are available at MAG - UNIVERSAL CREDIT

If you already receive Income Support

If you are still eligible you will continue to get Income Support but you must continue to report any changes to your circumstances - see information at GOV.UK.

Moving to Universal Credit

If you are making a new claim for Universal Credit you will automatically continue to get the amount of Income Support you currently receive, as long as you’re still eligible

Benefit Cap

Income support counts towards the Benefit Cap. Your Housing Benefit may go down to make sure that the total amount of benefit you get isn’t more than the cap level.

For details on the Benefits Cap follow this link.

If you found this useful please share it

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart