Autumn/winter 2023 COVID vaccine booster
This autumn a COVID-19 vaccine booster is being offered to:
- anyone in a 'clinical risk group', as laid out in the government's immunisation 'Green Book'. That can include people with MS. The NHS should be in touch if that includes you.
- people aged 65 and over
- care home residents
- people who are pregnant
- people with a weakened immune system, and any household contacts who are 12 or older
- unpaid carers aged 16 and over
- frontline health and social care workers
Full details are available at the following links:
Cases in the UK: daily updated statistics
Information on the latest number of coronavirus (COVID-19) tests, cases, deaths and vaccinations in the UK is available at this link.
Latest News and Information
The latest news and updates on the COVID-19 pandemic are available at the following links:
Living with COVID Plan
On the 21st February 2022 the Prime Minister announced the Government’s plans to live with and manage the virus..
The main points are:
- Removing the legal requirement to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID-19.
- Stay at home if you are able to and avoid contact with other people.
- Removing the requirement of daily testing and self-isolation following contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- People in contact with someone with Covid will no longer be advised to self-isolate or take daily tests
- Ending the Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme. If you were told to self-isolate before 24th February you can still make a claim up to 6th April.
The official guidance document “COVID-19 Response: Living with COVID-19” is available here.
Further information is available at: