You can complain to your council if you consider they have done something wrong, failed to provide a service or not followed the correct procedures.

If you feel your council has failed to deliver a service, has not followed correct procedure or has made a mistake you can complain directly to your local council by following this link.

Council tenants can make insurance claims against the council for any damage that the council is responsible for, like damage caused by contractors working on behalf of the council. To make a claim follow this link.

If you’ve been injured because of a hazard on a road or pavement, you may be able to claim compensation from the local council. To make a claim follow this link.

If you are not satisfied in the way your Council has handled your enquiry The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGO) may be able to help.

The LGO investigates complaints about councils and some other authorities and organisations, including education admissions appeal panels and adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). It is a free service and will investigate complaints in a fair and independent way.

For more information on how to register a complaint follow this link.

If you found this useful please share it

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart