Community Care Grants have been replaced by a new local provision. The new provision will be administered by local authorities in England and the devolved administrations in Scotland and Wales.

A Community Care grant was a payment from the Social Fund for people on certain benefits to help meet costs which would enable them to remain in the community. For more details on the Social Fund follow this link.

Your local council may offer a scheme similar to the community grant scheme to help people living locally.

Each council can decide what type of help it provides in its area, and this could be help with money, vouchers or practical help. Not everyone who applies will be helped as the fund in each area is limited.

To find schemes in your area go to GOV.UK.

Alternatively contact yout local Jobcentre Plus.

Community Care Grants are still available if you live in Northern Ireland.

If you found this useful please share it

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart