facebook twitter
My Advice Gateway

My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.

There is so much information available on the internet that it can often be a tedious and time consuming activity to search through the mass of advice that is available in order to find the information you need. Even government websites that have been set up to provide help can be difficult to find your way around.

My Advice Gateway has been built to help you find the information you need quickly and effectively. Links will take you to authoritative advice or the precise application form you need.

We hope you will find My Advice Gateway useful. If you do, why not tell your friends. . .


LHS provides a complete range of web-based housing option services to more than 60 local authorities and hundreds of housing associations across the UK.


My Advice Gateway constantly checks its links to other information sources to ensure they work properly.

However, if you do find a link that does not connect, please let us know so that we can fix it quickly.

Simply drop us an e-mail and tell us which link did not work. We will check it out and put it right.

E-mail: info@myadvicegateway.com




Childcare (or "child care", "child minding", "daycare", or "preschool") is the caring for and supervision of a child or children, usually from age six weeks to age thirteen.

More information and advice on childcare can be found at the following links:

Help with Childcare costs

You may be able to get help from the government and employers towards your childcare costs:

Childcare Vouchers from your employer can save you £1,000s a year in tax. They are a Government scheme operated through employers that allow you to pay for childcare from PRE-TAX salary. It might not sound much, but the impact can be huge. 

As from April 2018 Employer Childcare Vouchers will no longer be available to new claimants. However, you may be able to receive help with your childcare costs through Tax Free Childcare or through Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit. 

Existing claims for Employer Childcare Vouchers will continue until the child is 15, or 16 if disabled – or the claimant starts another scheme.

For more information on Childcare vouchers follow this link

You can’t receive Tax-free Childcare at the same time as Tax Credits or Universal Credit and these benefits will stop if you successfully claim Tax-free Childcare. Use this calculator to help you decide if you would be better off by taking childcare vouchers.

A comprehensive downloadable "Guide to Tax-Free Childcare" is available at this link.