facebook twitter
My Advice Gateway

My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.

There is so much information available on the internet that it can often be a tedious and time consuming activity to search through the mass of advice that is available in order to find the information you need. Even government websites that have been set up to provide help can be difficult to find your way around.

My Advice Gateway has been built to help you find the information you need quickly and effectively. Links will take you to authoritative advice or the precise application form you need.

We hope you will find My Advice Gateway useful. If you do, why not tell your friends. . .


LHS provides a complete range of web-based housing option services to more than 60 local authorities and hundreds of housing associations across the UK.


My Advice Gateway constantly checks its links to other information sources to ensure they work properly.

However, if you do find a link that does not connect, please let us know so that we can fix it quickly.

Simply drop us an e-mail and tell us which link did not work. We will check it out and put it right.

E-mail: info@myadvicegateway.com




For parents going through a divorce or separation, one of the most important things to arrange is how you and your ex partner are going to share the costs of raising your children, now that you are parenting apart. Child maintenance is regular financial support for the  cost of raising your child. It should normally be paid by your child’s other parent if you’re no longer together and either your child doesn’t live with them or spends more time living with you.

If you can’t agree the terms for child maintenance with the child’s other parent, you can try mediation or ask the Child Maintenance Service (formerly the Child Support Agency or CSA), or the courts to get involved.

Full details of Child Maintenance can be found at the following links:

For more information click on the following GOV.UK links:

Use this calculator to agree on a child maintenance amount if you’re arranging it yourselves, or to get an idea of the statutory amount the government would work out for you.

Alternatively, click on the following links to The Money Advice Service:

Gingerbread is a registered charity (England and Wales) which provides advice, practical support and campaigns for single parent families.

To contact Gingerbread follow this link or for details of their free, confidential helpline click here.