facebook twitter
My Advice Gateway

My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.

There is so much information available on the internet that it can often be a tedious and time consuming activity to search through the mass of advice that is available in order to find the information you need. Even government websites that have been set up to provide help can be difficult to find your way around.

My Advice Gateway has been built to help you find the information you need quickly and effectively. Links will take you to authoritative advice or the precise application form you need.

We hope you will find My Advice Gateway useful. If you do, why not tell your friends. . .


LHS provides a complete range of web-based housing option services to more than 60 local authorities and hundreds of housing associations across the UK.


My Advice Gateway constantly checks its links to other information sources to ensure they work properly.

However, if you do find a link that does not connect, please let us know so that we can fix it quickly.

Simply drop us an e-mail and tell us which link did not work. We will check it out and put it right.

E-mail: info@myadvicegateway.com




Children and Young People and the Family

Information and advice for Children and Young people including relating to all aspects of family life, is available from citizensadvice.

Living at Home

You won't always get on well with your parents or carers, but if you're having problems living at home, moving out is not the only option. For information and advice on the various options that available to you, follow this link.

NSPCCC Leaflets For children and young people   

Charities offering support to children and young people

  • Childline is the UK's free 24 hour confidential counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday provided by the NSPCC, dealing with any issue which causes distress or concern, includingchild abuse, bullying, parental separation or divorce, pregnancy and substance misuse.
  • Coram Childrens Legal Centre (CCLC) promotes and protects the rights of children in the UK and internationally in line with the UN Convention.

  • The Child Law Advice Service, part of Coram Children’s Legal Centre, provides legal advice and information on family, child and education law affecting children and families in England. This service is provided via their website with how to guides and information pages. A dedicated support telephone line is also available for complex matters and clarifying questions.
  • MindFull provides online support, information and advice about mental health and emotional wellbeing for 11-17 year olds. MindFull is open every day, between 10am and midnight, and offers support through self help, mentors and councellors.
  • The Children’s Society provides help for children whatever their need and has a specialist website designed for children to access information and advice on topics ranging from bullying to parents breaking-up.
  • Kidscape offer advice, support and practical tips on bullying, friendship and frenemies.
  • YoungMinds offer  advice and support to young people and children about mental health and emotional wellbeing. 
  • TheMix is the UK's free, confidential helpline for young people under 25 who need help and don't know where to turn. The service is available 365 days a year and young people can contact them by phone, webchat, email, text message or use an online directory, WebHelp 24/7.
  • Shelter offer housing advice for young people, including leaving home & finding accommodation, claiming housing benefit, homelessness & eviction and housing issues when leaving care.

Keeping Safe on the Internet

Guidelines and advice to help you keep safe online can be found at the following links:

Health, Drug and Alcohol Issues

Help and suport for health, drug and alcohol issue can be found at  MAG-HEALTH ISSUES FOR ADULTS AND YOUNG PEOPLE.