facebook twitter
My Advice Gateway

My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.

There is so much information available on the internet that it can often be a tedious and time consuming activity to search through the mass of advice that is available in order to find the information you need. Even government websites that have been set up to provide help can be difficult to find your way around.

My Advice Gateway has been built to help you find the information you need quickly and effectively. Links will take you to authoritative advice or the precise application form you need.

We hope you will find My Advice Gateway useful. If you do, why not tell your friends. . .


LHS provides a complete range of web-based housing option services to more than 60 local authorities and hundreds of housing associations across the UK.


My Advice Gateway constantly checks its links to other information sources to ensure they work properly.

However, if you do find a link that does not connect, please let us know so that we can fix it quickly.

Simply drop us an e-mail and tell us which link did not work. We will check it out and put it right.

E-mail: info@myadvicegateway.com




Ending a relationship can be a hard and painful experience. If there are children involved, even more so. With a little patience and a lot of communication, you can both move on with your lives without ruining the life of your child.

Information and advice on ending a relationship, including the following:

  • Ending a relationship when you're living together
  • Ending a marriage
  • Ending a civil partnership
  • Relationship breakdown and housing 

is available from citizensadvice.

Go to the GOV.UK website for detailed information on the following topics:

The following guides on the Divorce Process are available from mylegaladviser.co.uk:

For practical information to help you sort out finances if going through or thinking about divorce or separation, go to MoneyAdviceService.org.uk.

Information on the resposibilities of joint finances or joint debts if your relationship comes to an end is available here.

Information on the effect relationship breakdowns may have on tenancies, home ownership and other housing rights is available from Shelter.org.uk.

Gingerbread is a registered charity (England and Wales) which provides advice, practical support and campaigns for single parent families.

To contact Gingerbread follow this link or for details of their free, confidential helpline click here.

The National Family Mediation (NFM) provides mediation services to any separating or divorcing parents or couples who are experiencing difficulties agreeing arrangements for their children or finances, including property.

To contact NFM:

Phone: 0300 4000 636
Fax: (01392) 271945
Email:  general@nfm.org.uk
Online: online form

Locate your nearest Family Mediation Centre.