facebook twitter
My Advice Gateway

My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.

There is so much information available on the internet that it can often be a tedious and time consuming activity to search through the mass of advice that is available in order to find the information you need. Even government websites that have been set up to provide help can be difficult to find your way around.

My Advice Gateway has been built to help you find the information you need quickly and effectively. Links will take you to authoritative advice or the precise application form you need.

We hope you will find My Advice Gateway useful. If you do, why not tell your friends. . .


LHS provides a complete range of web-based housing option services to more than 60 local authorities and hundreds of housing associations across the UK.


My Advice Gateway constantly checks its links to other information sources to ensure they work properly.

However, if you do find a link that does not connect, please let us know so that we can fix it quickly.

Simply drop us an e-mail and tell us which link did not work. We will check it out and put it right.

E-mail: info@myadvicegateway.com




The Trading Standards Institute represents Trading Standards professionals in the UK, and overseas, in local authorities, business and consumer sectors and in central government.

There are approximately 200 Trading Standards offices around the United Kingdom, provided by local authorities and in Northern Ireland by central government. Whilst they all provide the same basic services, protecting consumers and helping and encouraging legitimate businesses, they vary in the range of services and manner in which they deliver them.

To find local Trading Standards Office, click here.

Trading Standards work with consumers and businesses to maintain fair trading and safety of consumer goods but does not give individual consumer advice. This is provided by the Citizens Advice Consumer Service.

More information is available at the following links:

The Citizens Advice Consumer Service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on ALL consumer issues.

You can contact The Citizens Advice consumer service at by clicking this link or by calling the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06.

Which? Consumer Rights is a completely free consumer rights site providing independant advice on all consumer problems including:

If you are in the UK and having a problem with a trader based in another European country you can get advice and support from the UK European Consumer Centre (UK ECC) which is hosted by the Trading Standards Institute.

To get general advice follow this link to the UK ECC Shopping Online.

The Competition and Marketing Authority (CMA) is a not-for-profit and non-ministerial government department of the United Kingdom responsible for strengthening business competition and preventing and reducing anti-competitive activities.

The CMA replaced the Competition Commission and Office of Fair Trading from 1st April 2014.

The CMA deals with market issues like ensuring bank charges are reasonable, will a merger give a company too big a market share, are the supermarkets operating a cartel as well as overseeing and coordinating the local trading standards services.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is a regulatory body in the United Kingdom that regulates the conduct of financial firms providing services to consumers including the regulation of consumer credit and maintains the integrity of the UK’s financial markets. Their Consumer Helpline offers impartial information and general guidance

The Ombudsman Service is available to resolve disputes between the consumers and retailers/suppliers.

If you are not happy with the outcome of a complaint you have made to a company about goods or services, you may be able to ask an ombudsman to deal with it.

Using the ombudsman is free for consumers but traders have to pay.

A complete guide is availabe at the MAG Section - THE OMBUDSMAN